Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Boss' Day Craft - Part 1

So here's where I got my inspiration http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com/2009/09/christmas-planner.html
Here's what I did, I got a poster board from walmart, and some legal pads. I laid the legal pads on the poster board so I would know how tall I need my poster board. It was 11 3/4 inches. So I cut the poster board so the it is 11 3/4 " tall.This where I started, I left 1/4" at the end to attach a pocket for the legal pad. I didn't think about it but I should have given myself about 1/4" more in the height because the legal pad is a bit taller then the folder itself, but it's too late now. I'm going right to left on the measurements, then I have 8 3/4" inches for the legal pad, 1/4" to fold over and allow room for the legal pad, 8 1/2 for the folder back and finally 8 1/4' for the folder tab. I measured 4 inches from the bottom a drew a line to the fold. Here is a picture:


I also cut a pocket that is 4" by 3" to put toward the bottom of the folder.



I cut a piece of paper to hold the legal pad in place it was 8 3/4" by 10 1/4"



I used a sewing machine to attach the pieces, first the 3" by 4" pocket, then I sewed the folder down, and finally the legal pad pocket, sewing down the side and then the bottom.
And used a circle hole punch to make a snow man. I just guessed about the hat. The tree was cut out of some stencils I got a long time ago. That's what We'll (Megan, the girl I work with is helping with project, she's better at making things fit together.) use to make the front... which will have to be for tomorrow.
I used some puff paint to make "coal" and a piece of paper to make an orange nose.






No comments:

Post a Comment